Sunday, June 8, 2014

What I use to play & record !

Hello guys,
Today, I decided to bring to you guys the equipment I use to play & record. In other words, my computer setup.
First of all, I play on a laptop and it works extremely well and I can even record & play when I'm not at home, plus it uses less electricity than a desktop.

My laptop is a MSI GE60 with
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4700MQ Processor
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M / 2GB GDDR5
LCD: 15.6" FHD 1920x1080 (Non-Glare Type)
Memory: DDR3 8GB/4GB*2
SSD: 500GB
HDD: 137GB
External HDD: 637GB

I also have a second monitor which is a Samsung 19" LED - SyncMaster S19C450MW
Format: 16/10 (which is the large format, regular is 16/9)
Resolution: 1440x900
Response time: 5ms

To record my voice I use the samson C03U USB microphone with a pop filter I found on Thomann.de

I have two headsets, the one on my computer is a Logitech G430 and the one on my xbox is a Tritton AX720.

My gaming mouse is a Mad Catz R.A.T.3, my gamepad is the Razer Nostromo.

Now on to the softwares I use to record:
Fraps (great for starting out, but not so good for the size of the files)
Mirillis Action (absolutely great, so many options)
Nvidia Shadowplay (the "keep the last 20min" feature is absolutely genius)
Open Broascaster (or OBS, great for streaming)
Xsplit (good for streaming when I'm feeling fancy)
Audacity (best free software for recording and remixing audio)

If you have any questions about my setup feel free to ask me in the comment section. If you need any help on the software or the equipment feel free to message me. And until next time,
Have a nice day :)

- Astinax

No comments:

Post a Comment